1. Outline of the JAPMHN
Year Established: 1991
Number of members: Approx. 1,400
- Holding academic meetings
- Publication of a journal
- Promotion of research activities
- Education and training programs
- Cooperation and liaison activities with domestic and foreign related organizations
- Social activities to contribute to people’s mental health and welfare
- Other activities necessary to achieve the objectives of the society
Fifth Term Officers
(Term of office: June 4, 2021 – End of the Annual Meeting of Delegates in 2023)
Board of Directors
|Seitaro Teraoka||Teikyo University||Chairperson|
|Mami Kayama||National College of Nursing||Vice Chairperson|
|Atsuko Tamaki||Kobe Women’s University||Editorial Board|
|Yoshimi Endo||Tottori College of Nursing||Committee of Quality Improvement in Research|
|Masami Hasegawa||Toyama College of Welfare Science||Award Committee|
|Mitsunobu Matsuda||Osaka Metropolitan University||Committee of Quality Improvement in Education|
|Yoshie Okada||International University of Health and Welfare||Committee of Quality Improvement in Practice|
|Takuya Hatakeyama||Komazawa Women’s University||Academic Collaboration Committee|
|Fujika Katsuki||Nagoya City University||Social Contribution Committee|
|Rie Chiba||Kyoto University||Public Relations and Information Committee|
|Takako Okawa||Fukushima Medical University||Disaster Preparedness Committee|
|Kiyoka Nozue||Keio University||Committee on Ethics and Conflict of Interest|
|Yuki Hamada||Tokyo Women’s Medical University||Treasurer|
|Sanae Nakatogawa||Kitasato University||General Affairs Committee|
|Keiichiro Kiriyama||Nagoya City University||General Affairs Committee|
|Masa Ogino||Musashino University|
|Keiko Takita||Gifu University of Health Sciences|
2. Introduction of the Committee
To promote the development of psychiatric and mental health nursing, and to strive for the exchange of knowledge widely.
- Editing, publishing, and copyright management of the Journal of JAPMHN
Research Activities Promotion Committee
To promote research activities of the society members in order to develop psychiatric and mental health nursing.
- Research Grant Program for Young Researchers
- Award Program for Excellent Research Papers
- Providing information on training sessions and other events related to research funded by public research funds
Education Quality Improvement Committee
To conduct activities to improve the quality of education in psychiatric and mental health nursing.
- Activities to improve the quality of education
- Survey of Basic and Post-Graduation Education in Mental Health Nursing and Policy Recommendations for Basic and Post-Graduation Education
Practice Quality Improvement Committee
To improve the quality of practice of psychiatric and mental health nursing.
- Planning of training programs to improve the practical nursing skills of general nursing personnel
- Development of advanced practice nurses and planning of their training
Academic Collaboration Committee
To cooperate with other academic organizations, to exchange knowledge widely, and to propose policies as needed.
- Collaboration with other academic and allied organizations for the purpose of reviewing, proposing, and disseminating information on policies related to mental health nursing
- Gathering and organizing information on social conditions
- Preparation of recommendations on policies in clinical practice
- Coordination with other academic and professional associations
Social Contribution Committee
Contribute broadly to society through the activities of the JAPMHN.
- Publicizing mental health nursing knowledge to the public and other professionals
- Cooperation with the Medical Accident Investigation System
Public Relations and Information Committee
Provide domestic and international information on psychiatric and mental health nursing to JAPMHN members and promote JAPMHN to its members.
- Creation of the society’s pamphlet
- Newsletter publication
- Management and operation of the society’s website
- Public relations activities using the media
Disaster Countermeasures Committee
Provide disaster relief (including disaster prevention and mitigation) with knowledge of psychiatric and mental health nursing.
- Accumulation of practical and research results on disaster relief
- Develop guidelines for disasters
- Cooperation with the JANA Disaster Relief Program
General Affairs Committee
Conduct appropriate operations to ensure the smooth running of the society.
- Management and administration of the society’s organization
- Operation of the Board of Directors, Delegate Assembly, and General Assembly of the Society
- Membership Management
- Examination of regulations, organization, etc.
- Accounting services
Ethics and Conflict of Interest Committee
Review ethical issues and conflicts of interest related to the JAPMHN.
- Review and examination of ethical issues in the society
- Review and examination of conflicts of interest
- Research ethics review
3. Provision of Information
Consultation and Support Guidelines for consultants, from external organizations, for medical staff who work with COVID-19 situations (VERSION 1.0 May 2020):
Japan Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Office
Mainichi Academic Forum, Palaceside Building, 1-1-1 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0003, Japan